Saturday, July 20, 2013

Unpopular, Necessary Truth



Have I then become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Galatians 4:16, ESV)

The people who tell us the truth are not always our favorite people, but they should be. Children sometimes get angry at their parents when they tell them the truth...and vice-versa, I might add! Friendships are sometimes strained when the truth is told.  Coaches who are honest with their teams are not always beloved. I had an English teacher who was brutally honest with me about my writing. I was not happy!

Do we make enemies of the people who tell us the truth? If we do, we are wrong. We should bless the people who tell us the truth, especially the truth we do not want to hear. The one sure sign of true love is the willingness to tell the truth, even when it hurts.



Faithful are the wounds of a friend; profuse are the kisses of an enemy. (Proverbs 27:6, ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment