Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Growing with Galatians Daily Devotion



"Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith" (Galatians 3:23–24, ESV).

Captive. Imprisoned. I have never been in jail...except in my own mind. My mind is a prison I know all too well. My mental prison has four strong walls. I have written one word on each wall. What are the four words? I am no good. The belief "I am no good" is the single most enslaving belief in the world. And it is a lie.

Set free. Loosed. The door to my mental prison had a single key: love. God's exception-less love for all. All includes me. I am loved. Loved is good.

I am ashamed to admit this, but I lock myself in my prison cell from time to time. If you find yourself locked up today, remember God loves you and so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment