Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Growing with Galatians Daily Devotion

Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me (ESV).

I am not who I was. Before I met Christ, I was one person. Afraid. Angry. Hurting. Darkened. That person died when Jesus died. Occasionally, ok daily, ok hourly, ok minute by minute, ok ok second by second, that dark person tries to rise from the dead like some Hollywood zombie. Worse, I even help dig him up sometimes. Still, even though I fail and fall, in spite of my frailty, I still say that I am not who I was before. I am not who I was. And while that is good, there is something even better. I am not yet who I one day will be. I am not fully the person God will one day make me. I am in between this world and the next. I am in between cross and crown. Paul calls this “in-between-ness” "the life I now live in the flesh." How shall we live this life in between cross and crown? How shall I live on earth but destined for heaven? Since we believe Jesus loved us and died for us, we will love others the same way Jesus loved us. This is how we will live our life in the flesh until we rise as Jesus is risen.

No comments:

Post a Comment