Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Chicken or the Egg (Gal. 4:9)



But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God...(Galatians 4:9, ESV)

Did I come to God? Or did God come to me, first? Did I come to know God or did God come to know me, first? Which came first, the chicken or the egg? While the chicken and the egg question is hard to answer, the questions about God are easier to answer. God always comes first. God came to me before I came to him. God knew me before I knew Him. This isn't just word play: which came first matters. If everything depended on me coming to God or me finding God first, then I might not make it. I am not perfect at getting places and finding things. Suppose I missed God? Supposed I looked for Him and looked in the wrong places. This is why it is vital that God comes to us first and that we are known by God before we know Him. God never gets lost. God never loses anything or anyone. Remember today: God knew you first. God found you first. There are no accidents. No mistakes. You are part of God's perfect plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment