Thursday, August 1, 2013

Freedom (Galatians 5:1, ESV)



For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery. (Galatians 5:1, ESV)

Too often, the faith gets reduced to a list of rules. There are rules, of course (The Ten Commandments, for example), but rules are not the essence of faith. In fact, if the rules become the center of religion, then the faith is lost. Rules (though important) do not create faith. Rules are the opposite of faith. Do this and you will live. There's a rule and it requires no faith whatsoever. It only requires action. This is not freedom. This is slavery.

Faith is different. Faith is freedom. Faith does not require action. Rather, faith motivates action. People of real faith are extremely action-oriented. but not because they have to. People of faith are action-oriented because the love putting faith into action. I believe and therefore I serve. I believe and therefore I love. I believe and therefore I sacrifice. I believe and therefore I rejoice.

Today, activate your faith. Do something positive not because you have to but because you believe in Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment