Monday, August 19, 2013

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. (Galatians 6:9).

I never grow weary of eating homegrown tomatoes. The planting, watering, weeding, and waiting all wearied me, but the eating never does. I know that I cannot have one without the other. To reap tomatoes in late summer, I had to plant, water, weeds and wait through the prior months. In Galatians, Paul is telling us life is the same. Goodness is reaped in due season. Goodness grows in the soil of consistency (not giving up). Goodness is worth the wait. The world waited for through millennia for Jesus Christ. He was worth the wait. Goodness always is.

What good will you sow today? What good sown years ago will you harvest today?

No comments:

Post a Comment