Thursday, August 15, 2013

Daily Devotion: teachers



Let the one who is taught the word share all good things with the one who teaches. (Galatians 6:6, ESV)

What do you value? Often I will not go to the movies because the movie in question is not worth $12 to me. I might rent the same movie from Redbox for $1.50. For example, I saw Pirates of the Caribbean One in the theater. I rented Pirates Four. That is a measure of the value I place on those two movies.

The spiritual question is what value to you place upon those who teach you the Word of God? Value is (of course) more than money. Money is one measure of value. Honor, respect, and gratitude are others. Think about those who teach you God's word (I have such teachers just as you do). Have we valued them as we ought?

Today, share some good thing with those who teach you the word. You could pray for them, call them/email/write them to thank them, and (yes) send them an offering or gift as a tangible expression of your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment