Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Growing with Galatians Daily Devotional; Tuesday, June 18 2013

But when he who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son to me...(Galatians 1:15–16a, ESV)

Life is bounded by two great mysteries. What was I before I was born? What will I be after I die Before I was born, God called my name by His grace because God is love. That’s what a loving parent does: he sets apart his beloved child before the child is born by giving the child a name. Before my sons were born, I loved them and I named them. Their names were decided BEFORE their births. I set them apart in my heart. God set you apart in His heart too. What was I before I was born? I was set apart in the heart of God. What will I be after I die? I will be revealed to God. Revealed to God? Yes. The covering of Jesus over my sins will be lifted like clothing. And when that clothing is removed the sins will be removed with it. Underneath I am clean. I will also be revealed to myself. Revealed to myself? Yes, that too! I will at last see myself as God has always seen me, as He saw me before I was born. Heaven is the revelation of what truly is. Look around today: every good thing will be revealed to in heaven. Look for it now in the time after birth and before death.

No comments:

Post a Comment